A two-alarm fire at Bernal Heights home caused the displacement of two elderly folks. The blaze happened at 266 Nevada Street around 6:30 p.m. this evening. According to the Gate, "[f]irefighters found the home's two residents inside and brought them out to safety." Aw. Our heroes!

Anyway, other than one of the rescued Bernal residents suffering from breathing trouble -- who was hospitalized for a short period of time -- no other injuries were reported. The Red Cross is giving the two shelter until they can return back to the hill.