Hey, everybody! Do you look "Down & Out," "International," or like a cop? Have some free time the next couple of weeks? Want to make $104...or more? Then the Hulu TV series Chance might have a gig for you!
According to a notice sent by San Francisco-based Beau Bonneau Casting, the "psychological thriller starring Hugh Laurie" (among others) is seeking all sorts of types for paid extra work on shooting days ranging from Thursday through 7/25. The show, which as previously reported is based on a two-year-old novel by California writer Kem Nunn centering on neuropsychiatrist Eldon Chance (Laurie) "who reluctantly gets sucked into a violent and dangerous world of mistaken identity, police corruption and mental illness," will premiere on Hulu on October 19, Deadline reported last month.
The series is shooting Mondays through Fridays "mostly in SF!" the casting notice says, including numerous scenes in which San Francisco will play the part of Oakland. First the Warriors, now this? Sorry, Oakland!
For Thursday, Chance is seeking (sic throughout) "Hipsters, Business types after work, Tough Thug types & Down & Out types" for scenes that will be shot "in SF, but it’s Downtown Oakland at night in the story with a mix of people in the streets."
On July 19 and 20, they're looking for folks available for both days for a "'casual Oakland' neighborhood strip mall scene shooting in SF" with a "mix of daytime pedestrian traffic, young adults, workmen, panhandlers, Uniformed Police, Detectives."
Also on Wednesday the 20th — and this one is my favorite — they're looking for "Featured Massage Parlor Masseuses - International-looking Women 21 - 35, Eastern European, African, Latin American , etc. Dir will photo select a couple women to appear to be rushed out of Parlor in states of undress (& possibly handcuffs) with 'clients' by Police."
THIS COULD BE YOUR BIG BREAK LADIES! Interested applicants should "submit with subject line 7/20 Masseuse, Your Name, Approx Age, City you live in, Cell # & include a non-smiling or closed-mouth smiling pic." Just, remember, don't get too undressed or there'll be big trouble for your location manager.
The casting agency also reminds those "willing to portray rough or gritty character roles, e.g. Thug, Homeless, Addict, Prostitute, etc., send more pics! Dress for the part, with natural, un-styled hair, no make up. & Take non-smiling close up & standing pic (no sunglasses)."
And of course there are rough and gritty characters, for as previously reported, "Chance’s decent into the city’s shadowy underbelly, all while navigating the waters of a contentious divorce and the tribulations of his teenage daughter, soon spirals into an ever deepening exploration of one of mankind’s final frontiers — the shadowy, undiscovered country of the human mind." And in the shadowy recesses of the human mind, no one wears makeup and handcuffed, possibly undressed massage parlor employees never, ever smile.
Think you've got what it takes? If so, here's the full casting notice. Good luck!
Beau Bonneau Casting is seeking SF Bay Area local Men & Women 18+ for Paid Extra Work on new Hulu series ‘Chance’, a psychological thriller starring Hugh Laurie, shooting M-F through mid Oct. mostly in SF! WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING: Available adults to portray the types below:
* Thurs 7/14 - SF - Hipsters, Business types after work, Tough Thug types & Down & Out types. Shoots in SF, but it’s Downtown Oakland at night in the story with a mix of people in the streets. Likely 8 hrs or less, afternoon to wee hours of Fri morning
* Mon 7/18 - Redwood City - Courtroom Lawyers, Aides, Jury, Bailiff, Sheriffs, Gallery & a REAL Court Reporter with Stenograph Machine. Shoots in Redwood City, *Special Rate for Court Reporter with machine. Tell us about your experience & include pic of machine
* Tues 7/19 - Wed 7/20 - SF - 2 Day Shoot.Casual “Oakland” neighborhood strip mall scene shooting in SF. Mix of daytime pedestrian traffic, young adults, workmen, panhandlers, Uniformed Police, Detectives.
*Wed 7/20 - SF - Featured Massage Parlor Masseuses - International-looking Women 21 - 35, Eastern European, African, Latin American , etc. Dir will photo select a couple women to appear to be rushed out of Parlor in states of undress (& possibly handcuffs) with “clients” by Police.,Submit with subject line 7/20 Masseuse, Your Name, Approx Age, City you live in, Cell # & include a non-smiling or closed-mouth smiling pic
* Mon 7/25 - Warehouse Store Shoppers & Employees, Barista, Park Goers & Neighborhood Bar Patrons, middle-age Waitress, Bartender. Likely in SF, but TBD, Daytime shoot, must be free 6AM to later evening hours.
Hours/Parking/Food/Rates: Shoots last 10-12 hours on average. Start times unknown until night before. You must be avail all day, i.e. 6AM to late evening without conflict. Free Parking, a meal & snacks/drinks are provided. In SF, Non Union Extras get a min. payment of $104.00 for 8 hrs or less, plus overtime at time & ½ based on the SF min wage $13/hr. In Redwood City, Extras get the CA State Min Wage $10/hr, a minimum payment of $80 for 8 hours or less plus overtime. Addl pay applies if cast with: Car $20, Dog $12, Bicycle $12, Luggage, Camera $5.
Employment Requirements: Extras must present valid ID on set for I-9 paperwork or you will be turned away. U.S. Citizens can use a current U.S. Passport alone or must have both a valid Drivers License or State Photo ID, with Social Security Card or Birth Certificate. Non U.S. Citizens must have a Green Card, Permanent Resident Card or Work Authorization from Dept. of Homeland Security. Production uses a payroll company and it typically takes 10-15 business days to receive your check.
HOW TO SUBMIT: If Bay Area local and avail for weekday extra work, email the following to [email protected]:
* Subject line: Avail date(s), Your Name, Approx Age, City you live in, Cell #
* Union Status: Non Union or SAG-AFTRA# (include pic of SAG-AFTRA card)
* Ht, Wt & Sizes best you know them
* Take & Attach 2 new color camera phone photos, 1 chest-up smiling & 1 standing (no hats/sunglasses) so we can see your current look
* If willing to portray rough or gritty character roles, e.g. Thug, Homeless, Addict, Prostitute, etc., send more pics! Dress for the part, with natural, un-styled hair, no make up. & Take non-smiling close up & standing pic (no sunglasses).
Photo approval/selection may be requested by the Director. We need new snapshots, no headshots/links. We'll contact you if we might be able to cast you.