The man police suspect in the stabbing death of a popular local DJ has walked out of jail, after the San Francisco District Attorney's Office said that they didn't have enough evidence to charge him.
As previously reported, 29-year-old Joseph Razo was stabbed during an altercation with at least seven other people in front of The Cellar nightclub at Sutter and Taylor Streets on January 25.
After a week in the hospital, he was removed from life support and died on February 2.
After investigators with the San Francisco Police Department said that they "developed information" identifying 22-year-old San Francisco resident Nester Conchola as the suspect in the stabbing, he was pulled over on the evening of February 4. During a search of a residence related to the suspect, "evidence was seized," SFPD spokesperson Officer Gordon Shyy says. Conchola was then arrested and booked into San Francisco County Jail on suspicion of murder, attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon other than a firearm.
But by the end of the week, he was back out. As the Ex reports, "Prosecutors decided there was not yet enough evidence to charge Canchola with the three charges he was first booked on suspicion of," including Razo's murder.
Police then re-booked, him, this time for "suspicion of felony possession of a sawed-off shotgun and misdemeanor counts of possessing a concealed firearm and a gun with the identification removed." Even with that, Conchola was able to free himself: He posted $48,000 bail Friday, and remains out on bail at publication time.