The story of the Christmas night fire that tore through a Victorian at 618 Baker Street has taken a darker turn as we learn that one of the residents injured in the blaze succumbed to his wounds on December 26. The victim was Randy David Sapp, and he's survived by his partner of 29 years, Patrick Ferry. The couple had been renovating the house for the past few years, and their housemate was former Supervisor Christina Olague, who was not injured the fire, but who has effectively lost her home.

Olague has gone public with the story at the encouragement of friends, and this fundraising website has been set up to help her get back on her feet. Olague briefly served as District 5 supervisor in 2012 as an interim mayoral appointee and lost the 2012 election to London Breed.

Meanwhile, both Olague and Ferry are grieving over the loss of Sapp, who was 59. Oalgue is said to be "in shock" over the loss of her dear friend, and Ferry remains hospitalized for his injuries. Sapp and Ferry together owned The Sword and the Rose in Cole Valley, a small occult store in an alley that sells incense, oils, tarot cards, crystals, and the like.

[NBC Bay Area]

Previously: Christmas Night Fire At Baker And Fulton Injures Two