Speaking of cultural sensitivity in Dolores Park, the SF SPCA will throw a Chihuahua-themed party in Dolores Park this Sunday, May 1, in honor of Cinco de Mayo. See, due Paris Hilton and her horrible kind, chihuahuas are now disproportionally represented in shelters and rescues. Many of the tiny pooches were abandoned by their whore owners after the mid-to-late '00s small-dog fad faded away. This is where you come in: SF SPCA will have a chihuahua meet-up and adoption booth at Sunday's canine fest. And you should seriously consider bringing one home as a new member of your family.
What's more, the Whole Enchihuahua will have a costume contest open to all breeds and sizes. Prizes include 2 tickets from Virgin America, 2 night stay at the Hotel Monaco, 2 tickets to Grub Crawl, and much more.
Other good times includes:
- Ask A Vet - live with Dr. Jeannette Goh
- Face painting
- Take a spin on the prize wheel
- Check out the new Mini Cooper
- Enjoy grub from Off The Grid food trucks
- Be serenaded by Trio Sol de America
- Adopt your next furry friend from the San Francisco SPCA, ACC, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue and more
- Bring out your little guy to socialize with the members of the San Francisco Chihuahua Meetup
What: The Whole Enchihuahua
When: Sunday, May 1, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Where: Dolores Park, San Francisco