An earthquake registering 3.2 hit the East Bay this morning, located five miles south of Antioch. The quake happened four hours ager a smaller 3.1 quake hit Reno last night..
There was no damage or injuries in either temblor. Why are we reporting this? To alarm you, that's why. And, as always, to get you prepared.
- For more safety information about emergency on tips surviving an earthquake, here are some handy do's & don'ts.
- For free training in disaster and emergency response, visit NERT -- Neighborhood Emergency Response Team
- For tips on making your humble abode safer, go to Quakeinfo.org.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency, 415-923-7100
- American Red Cross, 415-427-8000
- Visit 72Hours.org to help sooth your earthquake paranoia. (For 72Hours.org's suggestions on creating your very own earthquake emergency kit, which we highly recommend doing, follow the jump. Because we're sure as hell not sharing our Vienna sausages with you when the big one hits.)