A juvenile was hospitalized after an apparent stabbing at Castlemont High School in Oakland Thursday morning.
The stabbing at the school happened around 10:15 am, as KTVU reports. Police officers and medics were dispatched on a report of an assault, and the alleged stabbing reportedly happened as a result of a fight among students in the back parking lot of Castlemont High.
The wound may have been a head wound, as ABC 7 reports via a witness who said they saw someone on a stretcher with gauze around their head.
The victim was hospitalized with injuries that were said to be non-life-threatening.
Some parents of Castlemont students told KTVU that they weren't quickly informed of what had happened, and had to find out after seeing all the police activity in the area.
The Oakland Unified School District issued a statement about the stabbing saying, "Officers are talking with the person or people they believe were responsible. Police tell us the victim is in stable condition. We are working closely with their family to ensure they have what they need. Everyone who was impacted by this incident is being supported by school and district staff."
The district only just began its 2026-27 school year 10 days ago, on August 10.
As ABC 7 notes, a previous violent incident occurred on an OUSD campus last month. In that incident, a 25-year-old woman was fatally shot at Parker Resource Center, an adult education facility.
Anyone with information about today's stabbing is asked to contact the Oakland Police Department Felony Assault Unit at (510) 238-3426. If you have any videos or photos that could assist with the investigation, the department says, please send them to [email protected].

Join the conversation
Comments
Comments are provided by Disqus and load when you reach this section.