The charging of an electric scooter was apparently to blame for a one-alarm fire at Leavenworth and McAlister streets Monday morning, and while the blaze was out within an hour or so, one person was hospitalized and three more people were displaced.

NBC Bay Area brings us the news that a one-alarm fire at Leavenworth and McAlister streets was reported to the SF Fire Department at about 11:40 am Monday morning. That report notes the four-story brick building was mostly residential, but with commercial spaces on the ground floor. The department said of the incident at the time that “We have a heavy fire on the fourth floor.”

The fire was reportedly put out within an hour, but not before requiring the help of  more than 45 firefighters on the scene. At the time, the cause of the blaze was still unexplained.

But the Fire Department reported that one adult had been injured with a non-life-threatening injury. Additionally, three people were reportedly displaced by the fire.

“This is an older building that has the potential for the fire to grow quickly,” SF Fire Department public information officer Lt. Jonathan Baxter told KTVU in the video below. “All in all, we’re fortunate that we were able to contain this fire.”

As indicated above, the nearby Arsicault Bakery Civic Center has reopened since the commotion. No word on similar ground-floor businesses Thai Curry Restaurant & Bar or Taqueria Castillo.

But a subsequent update from the SF Fire Department pointed out that “The cause of this fire was an electric scooter that was charging at the time of the fire.”

Related: Fire Destroys Warehouse In West Oakland Next to Wood Street Encampment [SFist]

Image: @SFFDPIO via Twitter