- Halloween weekend partygoers were out in full force Saturday night. The Castro hosted its first celebration in 17 years, featuring drag queen contests, costume competitions, dance parties, and even a pie-eating contest. [KPIX]
- Fifteen people, primarily UC Berkeley students, were arrested and handcuffed for disrupting a football game between Cal and USC in Berkeley. They stormed the field and staged a sit-in, causing a delay in the game's start, apparently to support a Cal professor, Ivonne del Valle, who faced suspension from the university for allegedly stalking and harassing a professor from another school. [KNTV]
- After suffering a concussion in the San Francisco 49ers’ loss to Minnesota on Monday, 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy has completed concussion protocol and is confirmed to start in Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals. The 49ers, with a 5-2 record, revealed that Purdy will have no injury status for the match. [KRON4]
- In more Niners news, Niners legend Jerry Rice went to the Costco in Hayward this week to promote his sports energy drink G.O.A.T. Fuel, and left some signed cases behind for shoppers. [SFGATE]
- A fatal car crash Saturday morning on the 800 block of Post Street left a pedestrian dead, authorities say. [KNTV]
- The Red Flag Warning over the Bay Area, as dry, offshore winds blow through, is expected to be lifted around 5 p.m. Sunday. [KTVU]
Image via Unsplash/Piotr Musioł.