- The SFPD is investigating the kidnapping of a four-year-old girl, who appears to have been taken by a relative from a home near 7th and Mission streets. The girl, Fatima Abuzahra, was last seen Tuesday near the 600 block of Eddy Street in the Tenderloin. [KTVU]
- The Antioch Police Department is responding to a leaked video of an October 1 officer-involved shooting, saying it does not fully depict what occurred. The department has released bodycam footage in response which it says shows the suspect pointing a gun at officers. [NBC Bay Area]
- Two men were shot Tuesday afternoon at a homeless encampment in East Oakland, and both were later listed in stable condition. [East Bay Times]
- In addition to state charges, Alaska Airlines pilot Joseph David Emerson has now been charged by the feds with interfering with a flight crew, a charge that carries a sentence of up to 20 years if convicted. [Bay Area News Group]
- Former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows was granted immunity to speak to the special counsel investigating the post-election activities of the administration, and he says he warned Trump not to mislead the public about the election results. [ABC News]
- An outbreak of salmonella that's affected at least 73 people in 22 states has been linked to packaged, pre-diced onions from Gills Onions in Oxnard, California. [KPIX]
- Another vote for Speaker of the House is happening, with Rep. Mike Johnson of Louisiana now the fourth candidate for the job. [New York Times] Update: Johnson has been elected Speaker.
Photo: Josh Hild