- Follow SFist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here
- Your weekend ICYMI: Details leaked on the new iPhone(s), we have an overview of this fall's classical events, a couple restaurants opened (and re-opened), the heat is turning wine grapes to raisins, and here are some skateboarders bombing SF hills.
Your Saturday and Sunday links
Driver dead after slamming into pillar on 580. [KRON 4]
- Former [SF Chronicle] business reporter Lloyd Watson has died.
- SFFD battalion chief dies while at work in firehouse office. [SF Chronicle] [CBS 5] [ABC 7] [KRON 4] [NBC Bay Area]
- The pilot killed in a small plane crash in Point Reyes had just fled Hurricane Harvey. [CBS 5]
- [Business Insider] makes a wide-eyed discovery of the Excelsior.
- "The new iPhone will be boring. Get over it" commands [CNet]
- Speaking of getting over it, [Wired] has penned "A Requiem for the iPhone's Home Button."
- Chinese donations to UC Berkeley have increased by millions since 2009. [Daily Californian]
SFFD extinguishes SoMa blaze. [KRON 4]
- How Russia created fake Americans to bork our election. [New York Times]