- Follow SFist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here
- Here's what you should be doing. [SFist]
Six violations have been issued against the Valero Benicia Refinery over repeated flaring incidents. [KRON 4]
- [48 Hills] thinks we should tax Uber.
- The fancy-pants Cannes Film Festival allows two Netflix films into its hallowed gates. [CNet]
Analyst warns of a ‘rising probability of worst-case scenario’ for iPhone 8 shortages. [9to5 Mac]
- Video of Bay Area student attacked in gym class goes viral. [KRON 4] [KRON 4]
- Missing college student Alycia "Aly" Yeoman has been found dead. [ABC 7]
- Uber is raising rates in eight states so the apparently struggling company can afford to pay for injury protection insurance for drivers. [Penn Live]
Hikers rescued from Fort Funston cliff face. [CBS 5]
- Jim Cranna, a godfather of the San Francisco improvisational comedy scene, has died. [SF Chronicle]
- Police investigating rash of camera robberies in Golden Gate Park. [ABC7]
- [Eater SF] has made a new hire. Make sure to feed him every three hours, you guys, or he'll get REALLY cranky.