- One Mill Valley couple found hope in a painful situation after deciding to donate their late three-week-old baby’s organs. [KRON 4]
- Trump’s proposed education cuts could leave impact on public education in Berkeley. [Daily Californian]
- Gov. Jerry Brown has asked the federal government to provide additional help for California’s storm recovery, including repairs at the damaged Oroville Dam. [SF Chronicle]
All about Techmeme, which "wields tremendous power over a tremendously powerful group of people." [BuzzFeed]
- [Bloomberg] takes a look at SF's pension problems.
Police are looking for a sandwich thief that injured the employee of a restaurant in South San Francisco. [Bay City News]
- Newly-minted [SF Chronicle] columnist appears to have already run out of ideas, is instead recapping a movie he caught on TCM.
- The man beaten in that controversial Vallejo arrest video speaks. [KRON 4]
- Letters assigning San Francisco students to city schools for the coming school year will be delayed, angering parents. [KRON 4] [SF Chronicle] [ABC 7]
- Despite fears that Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ Justice Department will pull back on police reform efforts in San Francisco and across the nation, the DOJ has announced it will extend its oversight of San Francisco Police Department’s collaborative reforms. [SF Examiner]