- A person was injured this weekend when they got trapped between containers on a ship at the Port of Oakland. [Bay City News]
- "Tech’s Alcohol-Soaked Culture Isn’t a Party for Everybody," scolds [Wired].
- An injured surfer had to be helicoptered from the beach at Bodega Bay. [KRON 4]
- It takes 20 seconds to keep your child safe on iOS. [CNet]
Hawk does what hawks do in the Richmond. [Richmond District]
- Delivery truck crash kills driver and dumps packages all over 680. [ABC 7]
- Apple has launched a legal challenge to a record $14 billion EU tax demand. [Reuters] [Irish Times]
The story of one of the world’s largest and most unique fake news empires. [BuzzFeed]
- According to [Vanity Fair], Uber and SF have gone to war.
Synthetic marijuana is having a negative impact on the nation’s homeless community. [Associated Press]
- An Emeryville film show is the latest event shut down in the wake of the Ghost Ship fire. [SF Chronicle], even as arts orgs seek higher safety standards [SF Chronicle] [CBS 5].
- Facebook wants to help some people avoid ads that might upset them, and is updating ad controls to do just that. [Ad Age]