- If you have been wondering "Why Drivers and Cyclists Don’t Get Along," the [Huffington Post] has a big old explanation.
- Man killed by Santa Cruz cops for allegedly menacing them with a rake has been identified. [KRON 4]
- A big surf competition was scheduled to kick off at Ocean Beach Tuesday morning. [SF Chronicle]
- Plans for a 64-acre East Bay development which will yield up to 3,100 units of housing, 200,000 square feet of commercial/retail space and 30 acres of open space have been refined. [SocketSite]
- San Jose fire injures one. [KRON 4]
- Beijing-based technology company LeEco this week announced plans to hire 12,000 people in the Bay Area. [SF Business Times]
Mission organizers and police alike are mobilizing to address a spate of violence including shootings in the Mission and in Bernal Heights that have sent five victims to the hospital in the past two weeks. [Mission Local]
- The Gap has announced that they're closing their Banana Republic in the UK. [Consumerist]