In a scene described by the San Francisco Chronicle as a "frantic but organized madhouse," bystanders, good samaritans, and first responders worked together Saturday to save 30 people after a yacht sank near Fisherman's Wharf.

According to officials with the US Coast Guard, a 34-foot sailboat named "Khaleesi" capsized about 100 yards off of Pier 45 at 4 p.m. Friday, sending its 30 occupants into the Bay.

Coast Guard officials say that their crews rescued 20 people from the water, and a San Francisco Fire Department official says their boat crew rescued eight more.

Good Samaritans rescued the two remaining victims, Coast Guard officials say.

“At least one person swam into the cabin of the capsized ship and rescued a father and child,” San Francisco Police Department spokesperson Office Giselle Talkoff says. Within 32 minutes, Coast Guard officials say, all the victims has been rescued.

Following the incident, eight people were transported to San Francisco General Hospital for treatment. Among those were a four-year-old boy who was unconscious and unresponsive when he was pulled from the cold waters.

Though the boy was in critical condition as of Saturday night, his condition had improved to "stable" as of Sunday evening, CBS 5 reports. The SFFD credits his recovery to the fast work of bystanders.

“Bystanders administering CPR was a huge contributing factor in the survival of the 4-year-old,” SFFD spokesperson Jonathan Baxter says. Both the boy and the other victims "are also doing well," the Ex reports.

It's now up to officials to determine what caused the boat to sink. Questions regarding the safety of the boat's occupants have already been raised, with the captain of a nearby vessel telling ABC 7 that "I saw a lot of what appeared to be kids to me. I don't know what their ages were, but none of us saw anyone wearing a life jacket."

NBC Bay Area reports that crews will use sonar to search for the sunken vessel Monday, in an effort to piece together what happened. As of Sunday, no charges had been filed, but investigators are working to determine if alcohol played a role in the incident.

According to Talkoff, thought, it's too soon for police to make any statements as to cause saying that "we have not determined what was involved, who was wearing what, that's still under investigation."

All in all, officials are just relieved that things weren't worse. "This could have been really, really catastrophic. We had 30 people in the water with one of the days where we had more boat traffic on the Bay than any other day during the year," SFFD Battalion Chief Bob Postell told ABC 7.

“This is a really great example of how things can go right.”

Related: Daring Cliffside Rescuers Save Adorable Corgi (And Some Guy) Near Ocean Beach