Big fire at 26th at Harrison in the Mission. Firefighters on scene. pic.twitter.com/apkZ2qRmYv— Veronica Belmont (@Veronica) October 1, 2016
A two-alarm fire Saturday afternoon damaged an apartment building and a convenience store, and displaced nine tenants who lived there. As KRON 4 reports, the fire broke out in the attic of the building on 26th Street between Harrison and Alabama just before 5 p.m., and was extinguished by 6 p.m. No one was injured.
The Chronicle spoke to several residents and neighbors, one of whom describes hearing "popping" sounds like from fireworks as the fire broke out.
Mission Local reports that the building is at 2999 Harrison, and the damaged store was Bob's Grill and Grocery. 22 vehicles and 66 firefighters responded to the blaze.
Smoke from the fire could be seen for many blocks.
Fire in the Mission! pic.twitter.com/VCIUb6bXJ9— Dan Zagrodnik (@danz32) October 1, 2016
Another fire in the mission ? Seen from precita park pic.twitter.com/ReA252aSSr— Wei Kong (@baobeimm) October 1, 2016