Drones might help boost your cell signal at AT&T Park. [ABC 7]
- Does your job have a "Workplace Wellness Program"? Then [Slate] wants to burst your bubble.
There's a parking war going on between AC Transit workers and BART. [CBS 5]
- Algae closes Berkeley lake. [KRON 4]
- Facebook wants advertisers to speed up their mobile websites and plans to limit where and when ads appear across its service if they point users to slow-loading sites. [Wall Street Journal]
- Stanley Roberts comes back for more disabled placard abuse. [KRON 4]
- TIC news roundup: Drivers for Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing companies would be required to have state and national background checks under a bill passed by the CA Legislature on Wednesday [SF Chronicle] [ABC 7], and another Uber settlement has been rejected by a judge, this time it’s in the suit over their so-called Safe Rider Fee [Bloomberg, an Uber office ticks off Daly City [KRON 4], and this startup rents cars by the hour to Uber and Lyft drivers [SF Chronicle].
- Facebook is adding an "instant video" feature to text messages within its Messenger app. [Associated Press]
- Apple is going to remove abandoned apps from the App Store. [TechCrunch]