Source says State Senator Leland Yee has been indicted on corruption charges.— Vic Lee (@vicleeabc7) March 26, 2014
- Geez, I hope Vic's tweet doesn't disappear, as so many others have. [The Verge]
- Beth Spotswood went to Forbes Island, terms it "a San Francisco treasure, not a world class restaurant." [SF Gate]
- According to [Beyond Chron], SFPD Chief Suhr is "tolerat(ing) public drug dealing in the Tenderloin that it prevents in other neighborhoods" and ignoring Mayor Lee's call for more Tenderloin police.
- [Nerdwallet] says Oakland's the second-worst place to park your car in America, San Francisco is third. We're both behind Chicago, which, OK.
- SF MOMA's membership has plunged 50% since last year, probably because it's closed until 2016. They say they tried to get an interim space. but were "basically priced out by the overheated San Francisco real estate market." Art museums, they're just like us! [NY Times]
- Speaking of, San Francisco home prices are up by 23% over last year. [San Francisco Business Times]
- California's Assembly Health Committee voted unanimously to repeal and revisit those wacky new laws banning chefs' and bartenders' bare-handed contact with food [AP]
- People are still confused by Golden Gate Park's bike lanes, reports Stanley Roberts. [KRON4]