- Mid-Market gentrification claims adorable 10th and Market dive bar Hot Spot, where you could get a beer a shot and a lotto scratcher for a measly five bucks. Scratch that: an update from the bar reveals the bar is closed for renovations and will re-open next month. [EaterSF]
- Speaking of which, The Wilson is Market Street's next swanky apartment building, coming to the stretch between 5th and 6th Streets. [CurbedSF]
- San Francisco could finally be getting a decent lobster roll with the arrival of L.A.'s Lobsta Truck [Inside Scoop]
- Outbox — a uniquely terrible startup idea that would actually send employees out to open your mail and then email it to you — is dead. [Valleywag]
- Ed Lee is currently in Washington D.C. for a couple days. He plans to do some reading to children. [SFEx]
- Is this former Apple employee patient zero for the tech bus controversy? Maybe!
When I left Apple in 2007, I said in my exit interview that I was tired of the commute from SF. 6 months later they had buses. Sorry folks!— Buzz Andersen (@buzz) January 22, 2014