Zagat released their 30 Under 30 list today, boasting the top 30 up-and-coming restaurant industry professionals working in the Bay Area dining scene. The list includes chefs, bar managers, pastry chefs, managers, beer masters, owners, and more. This year’s list includes 21 men and 13 women (which isn't nearly enough of the latter, a problem with the overall food scene).
One of these kids might be the next Gary Danko, Sarah Rich, Sandra Lee (you wish), or, hey, even Mama Celeste. Why not? Never before has the service industry been so chic!
• Heidi Brown, Culinary Liaison, The Restaurant at Meadowood (29)
• Laura Cronin, Pastry Chef, Perbacco (25)
• Jessica Entzel, Pastry Chef, Morimoto Napa (27)
• Maya Okada Erickson, Pastry Chef, AQ and the Mercer Restaurant Group (22)
• Ian Ferguson, Cofounder and Chief of Product, Kitchit.com (29)
• Michelle Fernandez (Events and Marketing Coordinator, 24), Leticia Landa (Programs and Development Manager, 29), Angela McKee (Catering and Retail Manager, 28) and Daniella Sawaya (Program Coordinator, 24), La Cocina
• Christopher Gaither, Wine Director, Gary Danko (29)
• Brian Gremillion, Chef di Cucina, Delfina Restaurant (28)
• Ryan Harris, Sales & Marketing Manager, Fatted Calf Charcuterie (28)
• Toby Hastings, Owner and Farm Manager, Free Spirit Farm (29)
• Duncan Holmes, Chef de cuisine, Sons & Daughters (27)
• Erik Johnson, Sommelier, Thomas Keller Restaurant Group (25)
• Robin Kloess, Pastry Chef, Incanto Restaurant SF (27)
• Lucas Knox, Executive Chef, Burritt Room + Tavern (27)
• Caitlin Lacey, Production Manager, Dandelion Chocolate (25)
• Jessica Largey, Chef de Cuisine, Manresa Restaurant (27)
• Michael Lay, Lead Bartender, Restaurant 1833 (28)
• Michelle Lee, Pastry Chef, Duende Restaurant, Bar and Bodega (29)
• Gabriel C. Lowe, Bar Manager, The Battery (27)
• Collin McDonnell (27) and Shane Goepel (29), Founders and Brewers, HenHouse Brewing Co.
• Jeremiah Morehouse, Sommelier, SPQR (28)
• Gianpaolo Paterlini, Wine Director, Acquerello and 1760 (27)
• Ryan Pollnow, Chef de Cuisine, Central Kitchen Restaurant (28)
• Mike Reis, Beer Program CoDirector, The Monk's Kettle and Abbot's Cellar (25)
• Brandon Rodgers, Chef de Cuisine, Benu - San Francisco (27)
• Jared Rogers, Chef and Partner, Picco Restaurant & Pizzeria Picco (29)
• Shakirah Smiley, Community Coordinator, CannerinResidence, BiRite Family of Businesses (28)
• Cappy Sorentino, Bar Manager, Spoonbar, h2hotel (27)
• Tim West, Food Systems Hacker and Cofounder, Cosemble (29)
• Chad Zeigler, Head Sommelier, RN74 San Francisco (28)
Congratulations to all of this year's winners!