Friday, January 11, is National Hot Toddy Day. What with glacial temperatures blanketing the Bay Area, tomorrow will be the perfect evening in which to enjoy warm boozy beverages. A hot toddy is typically a mix drink made of liquor and water with sugar and spices and served hot. Best of all, many of them involve tea!
For example. if you can't bear the thought of heading to a bar or restaurant to enjoy a hot beverage, Punchbowl has a divine looking recipe here.
For those of you looking to head outside someplace warm to celebrate, check out the following list:
- Redwood Room at CLIFT: The Spiced Toddy is a warm mixture of Bacardi Oakheart, Chai bitters, hot water and honey served with a clove studded lemon twist.
- Presidio Social Club: The PSC Hot Buttered Rum, features top shelf rum infused with a Brown Sugar Toffee Sauce made of butter, brown sugar, cream and whole nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Top of the Mark: The Mark Hopkins Toddy boasts spiced rum, peppermint schnapps, and hot tea.
- Bar 888: The Wrap Your Hands Around This cocktail is a combination of ginger and vanilla hot buttered rum.
- Restaurant 1833: Hot Buttered Rum served tableside from Michael Lay features Meyer's Platinum Rum, Lemon Hart Demerara 151 Rum, and house-spiced butter.
* Updated to reflect correct date.