- Leah Garchik attends a politically charged spelling bee and hangs out with Jean Paul Gaultier's entourage. [Garchik]
- If Ross Mirkarimi keeps fighting to hold on to his job he could end up losing his city pension and health benefits for himself and his family — even if he manages to keep his position as Sheriff. [SFAppeal]
- And let's not forget how awkward this misconduct trial is going to be for his former colleagues, some of whom are seeking re-election. [SFEx]
- A brief look at what's in store for the renovated Red Vic. [Uppercasing]
- Photographer Joshua Cobos takes us on a photo tour of some favorite Mission District neighborhood spots.
- This week's restaurant reviews in brief: Bauer returns to Tres, and Virginia Miller gets in on the Wise Sons Pastrami train. [GrubSF]