- Your weekend Giants scores in brief: We think Bochy described Friday's game best himself: "I don't know how else to tell you. We were awful." The Giants lost in a Houston blowout. 0-6 Astros. Attempts to rally on Saturday didn't go too far either: The Giants lost their second straight game to the Astros (currently the worst in the Majors). The score was 5-7 Astros. Vogelsong and Bumgarner, respectively, got sacked with those loses.
On Sunday, Texas native Brandon Belt knocked a three-run homer in the second to get the offense moving, while substitute starter Dan Runzler spun his wheels on the mound, giving up four runs. The bullpen held off the Astros for another 9 innings until Pablo slammed a two-run homer in the 11th. Final score: 6-4 Giants.
Finally tally on the three-city roadtrip: 4-6 and only 1.5 games back on the Diamondbacks. Bochy again: "I guess the best way I can put it is, we survived."
- Meanwhile, Brian Wilson's only mention this weekend is on the 15-day disabled list. Right-hander Steve Edlefsen will be coming up from Fresno and those 15-days are retroactive to last Tuesday. So we're practically halfway through this already. [CBS5]
- Highway 1 in Pacifica will be going one-way during the daytime hours this week until Friday. Adjust your travel plans accordingly. [SFEx]
- Chronicle columnists Leah Garchik and Will Kane team up to bring you quotes overheard at recent BART protests. [Garchik]
- Coming soon in San Francisco restaurants: a fall preview. [GrubSF]
- The Richmond's Cabrillo Playground is set to get "an ocean themed" renovation. [RishmondSF]
- What if Muni went overhead? We'd probably live in constant fear of it falling on us, that's what. [MuniDiaries]