- Your weekend Giants scores in brief: Swept by the Reds. Sadness. Despair. Zito-rage. [MLB.com]
- Some guy in Richmond, CA wants to collect one copy of every book ever written. We wish him the best of luck with that. [KTVU]
- In waterfowl news: five penguin chicks at the San Francisco Zoo graduated from "Fish School" on Saturday. And guess what? One of them is named "Posey" (after Buster, duh) because: awww.
- One year after the fact, the murder of Philip DiMartino in the Lower Haight remains unsolved. [Haighteration]
- Award-winning booze blogger, Camper English examines: what is Fernet, exactly? [Alcademics]
- Meanwhile, in Vallejo: the city could finally be ready to work it's way out of bankruptcy. [KTVU]
- Parking space-occupying taxi cab receives a dose of street justice. [SFCitizen]
- Kahn & Keville read Malcolm Gladwell, reprint quote about innovation. [TheTender]