A man remains in the hospital with third-degree burns after somehow catching fire inside a SoMa porn booth. The fire occurred at an adult arcade at Sixth and Mission streets a little after 6 p.m. Police aren't sure exactly how the patron caught fire, but saw him run out of the Sixth and Mission store "engulfed in flames."

Update: The Examiner has more on the story.

Firefighters put out the blaze. The critically injured man was transported to St. Francis Hospital's burn center, police said. More than 90 percent of his body was burned, with the burns varying from first-degree to third-degree, fire spokeswoman Lt. Mindy Talmadge said.

Witness Steve Rintoul, who manages the adult shop, said Thursday that the customer, who is reportedly not a regular patron of the shop, had been watching a movie at the back of the store when he ran out of the viewing booth screaming and on fire.

The store experienced "zero damage" from the fire, said Rintoul, who suspected the man may have lit himself on fire while doing drugs.

"I would describe it as a Richard Pryor sort of incident," he said.

The victim was described as an ordinary, "working class, blue-collar type of guy" -- far different from the rickety Sixth and Mission crowd.

Witnesses who saw the victim ablaze reportedly "sat there and did nothing."