SFist attended a mayoral campaign kickoff party last night. Not important which one it was, but we can tell you it was at Alioto's restaurant. And that it smelled like seafood and catholic women.
- TV Alert: Former Mayor, current Lite Gov Newsom will be on Real Time with Bill Maher tonight. We hope the two can find common ground about womanizing at least. TC Boyle, Gloria Steinem, Tracy Ullman and Ezra Klein will be on the same episode. (P.S: Thanks for tweeting it, Gavin, or we might have missed it.)
- A redesign for California [SexPigeon]
- Ross Mirkarimi's Fillmore street storefront ordinance passed, none of the current office occupants have to leave though. Previously on SFist. [Chron]
- The Bay Area loses another congenial restauranteur: Tommy Bermejo of Tommy's Mexican and the state of Jalisco's sole tequila ambassador to the US passed away. [InsideScoop]
- We've got to save Sharp Park! There are endangered frogs in there. Also snakes. [SF Rec&Park]
- The Contemporary Jewish Museum has an iPhone app to help you celebrate the Sabbath, will give you a dollar if you put your phone in one of their "sleeping bags"
- Let's all stop talking about how nuts Charlie Sheen is and start talking about how hilarious Ken Jennings is. OK? Wonderful.
- Why did no one tell us there's a Star Trek convention next weekend?