What gold nuggets of wisdom will pour forth from Sarah Palin's lips? What will Joe Biden, um, be wearing? (Yeah, we have nothing on him.) Find out tonight at one of these lovely watering holes, which will show tonight's vice-presidential debate in glorious Technicolor!
- 2 LIPS Bar & Lounge (1414 Market (at 10th Street): three flat screens, $2 beers, loads of wonks
- 330 Ritch, 330 Ritch (at Bryant): Come for the politics, stay for the 18-&-over tail at popscene!
- Inner Mission, 3349 - 20th Street (at Shotwell)
- The Page (Page and Divisadero): three flatscreens, happy hour specials, snacks
- The Mix, 4086 - 18th Street (at Castro): queers, beers
- 500 Club, 500 Guerrero (at 17th Street): Four flatscreen HDTVs, bar snacks, drink specials, Polaroid photo booth, "a lovely bartender"
- Kezar Pub, 770 Stanyan (at Waller)
- 901 Columbus Cafe, Columbus & Lombard
- Mark Sanchez for supervisor HQ, 988 Valencia (at 21st Street): free booze, politicking