While not on par with Christmas Day tsunamis, this storm is pretty nifty, huh? Golden Gate transit buses have stopped, power has been knocked out to hundreds
-- yes, hundreds! - of thousands of people, and surely snow is falling really hard atop a mountain somewhere.
But what must actually suck is this morning's nightmare traffic caused by the raindrops falling on our heads. Ahem:
- Marin/Contra Costa County: E-580, Richmond-San Rafael Bridge closed due to multiple overturned big-rigs.
- Marin County: Highway 101 at Interstate Highway 580 closed due to falling debris.
- Contra Costa County: Highway 24 east of Acalanes Road closed due to flooding.
- Alameda County: West 80 at Gilman St. in Berkeley, lane and off-ramp closed due to flooding.
- San Francisco: N-101 near Vermont St. in San Francisco, two lanes blocked due to downed tree.
- An Olympic-sized swimming pool has formed just outside of SFist headquarters. Jump in, everyone!