So, it's the eleventh hour and you've decided against crushing up a couple of Ambiens into a mug of fume blanc and calling it a year. Instead, you've turned that frown upside down, choosing to see what's happening tonight on New Year's Eve 2008. Good for you. And to help you out, here are some last-minute events for each neighborhood in the San Francisco. Just follow links for more info; they will provide you with more in-depth details.
And remember, we care about you guys, so remember to drink plenty and drink often tonight.
- Haight: Club Deluxe NYE Comedy Extravaganza (Stand up comedy while betting buzzed off of gin martinis.)
- Fisherman's Wharf: New Year's Eve Peace Party at the Wax Museum (NYE at the Wharf? Why not.)
- Bayview-Hunter's Point: Cyclecide Bike Rodeo New Year’s Eve Show at Ace Auto Junkyard (Dear God, run for your life-- um, we mean, this will be a most festive, cyclist-friendly bash.)
- Downtown/Rincon Hill: Diplo (DJ/genius spins at Temple)
- Fillmore-Pacific Heights: Count Basie Orchestra with Ledisi (We love us some Ledisi. And she sings for the imbibed masses at Yoshi's SF.)
- Tenderloin: Bearracuda New Years' Eve (Party in cracktown for large and/or enthusiastically hairy homosexual men.)