The Globe restaurant in downtown will be shut down for a few weeks for repairs, after a one-alarm fire last night. The fire department says the fire was started by grease stuck in the restaurant's flue.

Also, this morning, the SFFD is fighting a fire in an abandoned building on Mission and 7th that's threatening their own union hall, which is right next door. They think the union hall will be okay, but as of 10:30 a.m., the fire was still burning and one firefighter was injured. The abandoned building used to be a secret Irish fraternal society, known as the Knights of the Red Branch. Mission between 7th and 8th is closed to traffic.