1. Hanukkah has multiple spellings: Hanukkah, Hanukka, Chanuka, and Chanukah.
2. It's important to double check (using a calendar, not a person) which is the actual first night of Hanukkah. We accidentally lit our first candles on Monday, December 3rd. Whoops. Sorry, Maccabees.
3. If you received a menorah as a gift from your in-laws, be sure the count the candles included in the box they gave with the menorah. If the box seems to be missing any candles for whatever reason [insert tasteless yet funny Jewish joke here], buy some more. You'll need 44 total, according to our mathematically-inclined sources.
4. Firefly makes some damn good latkes. They also do a lovely job of continuing dinner service during a power outage.
5. Not every non-Jew lady likes being called a shiksa. Apparently, it's offensive or something... We think it's rad and love our shiksa-goddess status.
6. The phrase "Heebie Jeebies" is NOT anti-semitic at all. So get over it. Jeez. (Heh.)
7. Hanukkah is all about latkes and macaroons. The entree is SO over. See ya, brisket.
8. Hanukkah is the new black.