Though San Francisco Police Department Chief Greg Suhr told the Chron that Sunday's Pride celebration and parade was "off the hook," he didn't mean that in an law-breaking way — the event that he described as “without a doubt, the largest Pride celebration ever" was without major incident.
Arrest statistics for Sunday's event reflect that relative lawfulness. (Perhaps the presence of aspiring horror movie villian "Sweepy" kept folks in line?)
According to SFPD spokesperson Officer Carlos Manfredi, all the Pride-related police activity happened downtown, in the area of the parade and the Civic Center celebration. You already saw Saturday's stats, now here are Sunday's police activities by the numbers:
- 9: The number of people arrested for felonies.
- 4: The number of people arrested for misdemeanors
- 11: The number of people arrested for public drunkenness
- 2: The number of handguns seized
- 90-100: The number of medical calls made from the scene of the event
Previously: Pride Saturday's SFPD Activity By The Numbers
One Injured In Shooting At Civic Center Pride Celebration