Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky stands accused of pedophilia and sexually assaulting several young boys, some as young as 10. Among other graphic accusations, the assistant coach reportedly molested some of the victims inside the school's locker room shower. The scandal has rocked the noted state school since the story erupted over the weekend, resulting in the immediate "retiring" of legendary coach Joe Paterno who some accuse of covering up Sandusky's crimes.
"This is a case about a sexual predator who used his position within the university and community to repeatedly prey on young boys," said Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly. "It is also a case about high-ranking university officials who allegedly failed to report the sexual assault of a young boy after the information was brought to their attention, and later made false statements to a grand jury that was investigating a series of assaults on young boys."
While the accusations are still just that--you can read the horrifying grand jury report [PDF]--the public has lashed out at Sandusky via his unfortunately titled autobiography, Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story.
Although we suspect most reviewers haven't bothered to read the book, here are a few Amazon reviews of Sandusky's autobiography:
- "When it comes to touching, there's nobody I know of that can better call upon 40 years experience of bad touch than one Jerry Sandusky.
Stay hard Jerry.
You sick piece of excrement. JoPa you aren't clean either buddy." - G. Fawkes
- "There is no reason for this book to cost so much money. Are these Sellers capitalizing on the scandal? Or does the book come with a lifetime supply of Play-Doh?" - Mike Rophone
- "Disgraced OSU coaches Woody Hayes and Jim Tressel are grateful. Grateful the college football legend residing a few hours east of them will be more disgraced than either of them. Joe Pa turning a blind eye to child molestation easily trumps widespread illegal payouts or punching an opponent in the neck." - MTT "MTT"
- "I wonder what was cropped out at the end of Jerry's index finger? Most likely the zipper of a young disadvantaged boy who he methodically and meticulously singled out as his next victim at The Second Mile. My guess is the entire Penn State coaching staff knew all along "Jerry's kids" were being touched by Jerry Sandusky and they chose not to do a thing about it. Penn State's entire football coaching staff, including that drooling old geezer, Joe Paterno should be thrown off campus and never allowed to so much as watch another football game... Pedophiles like Sandusky and his scumbag cronies Curley, Schultz, Paterno and top administrators should all be charged in this case and placed behind bars and given the same treatment by their new recruits in the lock-up.... Sandusky will be especially surprised to see what it's like to have an adult assault him in the shower!.....
"as for the book review, well you can wipe your butt with this piece of hypocritical drivel. Irony is so wonderfully cruel." - Jack Straight
- 100% false advertising by Mr. Sandusky. Not a single page in this book 'touches' on how to appropriately gain the trust of young, at-risk boys, and then use that trust to perpetrate horrifying sexual assaults on the very children who turned to you for guidance and support. Almost as disappointing as the first time I watched 'Touched by an Angel.' Don't even get me started on that bullcrap. I still can't watch anything with Della Reese in it."- dakota loomis
- "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story" is a fantastic read and I cannot wait to see the upcoming motion picture adaptation by Roman Polanski. A+ FIVE STARS!!!!" - Jake Fogelnest
So much for due process.