Yet another to skip the sauteing and hit the Salt House, CHOW's Joyce Slaton has word that an Anderson, South Carolina man died this week after he stabbed himself while cooking. According to Slaton:

Michael Downing first burned himself on some noodles he was cutting up in a pan on the stove, and then accidentally stabbed himself in the chest with the knife when he jerked his hand away. Authorities say the steak knife slipped between Downing’s ribs and pierced his heart. His two sons, 8 and 10, witnessed the accident.

Yikes. And to top it off, it seems that Downing also just shed 150 pounds.