It's arguably the most important day of the year. Yes, folks, it's National Doughnut Day. Want to celebrate? You can always head down to Daly City for afree Krispy Kreme or admire our DIY cronut, but we suggest you start by perusing our list for the 10 best doughnuts around (for purposes of maximum deliciousness, we'd designated sweet beignets and churros to be "close enough").
1. Maple Bacon at Dynamo Donuts.
2. Old-fashioned at Happy Donuts.
3. Foie Gras from Psycho Donuts.
Photo via Psycho Donuts.
4. Applewood Smoked Bacon Beignet at Frances.
Photo: swnktstic on Flickr.
5. Chocolate Beignets at Brenda's.
Photo: bittermelon on Flickr.
6. Psycho Psushi (aka a bento box with 4 pieces of doughnut sushi and edible chopsticks) from Psycho Donuts.
7. Classic Glazed from Bob's Donuts.
Photo: Steel Wool on Flickr.
8. Vegan Lemon Poppyseed from Pepple's.
Photo: digiyesica on Flickr.
9. Buy one, get one for free (if they're in a good mood) from The Jelly Donut.
Photo: Liz Henry on Flickr.
10. Ballpark Churro from AT&T Park.
Photo: Bob_Wall on Flickr.