Esteemed Manresa pastry chef Belinda Leong will head over to the Mission on August 7 to host a "pastry pop up” at Flour + Water. During a breakfast serving, Leong will introduce her new line of pastries to sugar-addicted guests. Guests will be able to sup in or take food/beverages from 9 a..m. to noon.
Menu items will include:
- Kouign-Aman (specialty from Brittany, France - a butter and caramelized sugar layered pastry)
- Kugeloph (specialty from Alsace, France - a yeasted dough with raisins and almonds)
- Bostock (twice baked, soaked brioche with almond frangipane and passionfruit)
- Chocolate Sable (chocolate sand cookies)
- Lemon Tart (lemon cream topped with lemon curd and candied lemon)
- 10-Hour-Apple and Blueberry Tart with Almond Crumble
- Chocolate Caramel Macaroon
- Bacon Cheddar Chive Scones (baked throughout the morning)
A San Francisco native, Leong accepted an internship at Aqua Restaurant under the direction of Michael Mina in 1998,. This brief stint inspired her to enroll in the culinary program at San Francisco City College. She has since graced such joints as Gary Danko, Pierre Hermé in Paris, Bubo Patisserie in Barcelona, Restaurant Martín Berasategui in San Sebastian, Noma in Denmark, and In De Wulf in Belgium with her sugary sweet presence.