SF Citizen has word that the (controversial) Walt Disney Family Museum will open to the public on October 1.
Some highlights you might find at museum? Glad you asked.
- The earliest known drawings of Mickey Mouse
- Animation cels of Disney’s characters
- Storyboards, a Disney innovation, that map out timeless film classics
- The innovative Multiplane Camera that revolutionized animation
- The unique Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Academy Award: one full-size Oscar and seven miniature castings
- The one-eighth scale train he installed at his Hollywood home that spurred his vision for Disneyland
- A model of the Disneyland of Walt’s imagination
- A detailed account explaining how, exactly, the Jews are responsible for all world wars
OK. We kid about the last part. Right, Walt?
The museum will also have educational and entertainin audio clips of Disney and his family and coworkers telling the stories of his creations,over 1,600 objects and works of art, 200 monitors, interactive exhibits, and more. Be sure to check it out if you're in the hood.