SonicLiving is ramping up its crusade against the Alcoholic Beverage Control's unreasonable crackdown on San Francisco's all-ages music venues with their first Stop the War on Fun benefit concert at the Uptown Nightclub in Oakland tomorrow night. The Uptown is donating 100% of the proceeds to benefit the venues' Legal Defense Fund. (Unfortunately the Uptown is a 21 and over venue.)
As previously mentioned on SFist, the ABC is enforcing an arbitrary rule made up by the agency that requires all-ages venues to stick to their original business plans regarding food service. SonicLiving has an update on what penalties some of the venues are facing:
- Bottom of the Hill has been cited for not serving enough Mexican food.
- Café du Nord has been cited for serving food at 8pm instead of 5pm.
- DNA Lounge has been cited for "lewd behavior".
- Glas Kat has been cited for not being open for lunch.
- Great American Music Hall has been cited for not serving enough food.
- Slim's has also been cited for not serving enough food.