The police have ruled out electrical and natural gas as causes of last night's 108 Congo explosion. The front of the house was blown out (including the garage, where the explosion originated) and five people were injured, including two men inside the house and a 2-year-old who lives next door--his window was shattered and glass hit him in the face.

Luke Konigsmark, who lives in the house, told the Chronicle--who was "clutching a cat-carrier with his 20-year-old cat Paws inside" outside his home--he was at home with friends and relatives when the explosion occurred, "That was the craziest thing that ever happened I'm in shock. I just about had a heart attack."

Five other homes were evacuated. KCBS points out, "Neighbors told KCBS reporter Tim Ryan this is not the first time police have been called to the property," while a neighbor told the Chronicle, "We don't know what goes on behind closed doors. It's personal and tragic. I feel really bad for them."

Update: According to the Sunnyside Neighborhood Association, "The Arson team is not viewing the explosion as a criminal act ... Fireworks were found on the scene and confiscated." Also, "The apparent owners of the home are 91 and 61 year old women, mother and daughter, who escaped safely. The house is red-tagged, which means it is now uninhabitable."