In the forest of last night, we got an email from SFist's main man in Texas, Austinist Ben. Seems he's ginned up a widget! And not just any widget, but (after a few of our own modifications) an SFist headlines dashboard widget for the new Mac OS 10.4, codenamed "Tiger", which was released to much nerdy fanfare just last week. Check out Niall Kennedy's coverage of the madness at the San Francisco Apple Store on release day.
So here's what you do:
- Beg, borrow or steal a copy of Tiger.
- Click here to download the Stuffit Archive of the widget.
- Extract the contents using Stuffit Expander (should happen automagically).
- Copy the resulting folder to /Library/Widgets on your hard drive.
- Click the little SFist logo icon on your dashboard.
- Send us your bug reports and suggestions.
- Thank Austinist Ben for helping you waste that much more time at work.
See, it's easy! Seriously, we'd love it if you'd help us work out any kinks (especially if you know about onreadystate and HTTP return code handling) and suggest other ways SFist can slowly infect your desktop.