All you young, scrappy, and hungry people who can’t afford the $14,000 Hamilton tickets seen on StubHub and Castro fliers, get ready to flip your powdered wigs. After weeks of incredibly antsy HamFans posting dozens of comments daily on the SHN Facebook page requesting Hamilton ticket lottery information, we no longer have to wait for it. SHN has posted the Hamilton San Francisco ticket lottery page, and we now see the whole lottery will be handled online, to avoid the mob scenes of ticket lines at other cities’ Hamilton productions. (Note: There will probably still be mob scenes).
The process does not use the TodayTix app that you might be used to for acquiring your SHN rush tickets. This is a whole separate, Hamilton-specific system. The Hamilton lottery opens two days before each show, and closes the morning before that particular show. Winners (and losers) are notified by email or text the morning before the performance in question, and you have until 4 p.m. that day before the performance to buy your ticket or else you’ve thrown away your shot.
Per a release from SHN:
HOW TO ENTER
- Visit https://www.hamilton.shnsf.com or http://www.luckyseat.com/hamilton.html to register.
- The lottery will open at 11:00 a.m. PT two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9:00 a.m. PT the day prior to the performance.
- Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent at approximately 11:00 a.m. PT the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided).
- Only one entry per person. Repeat entries and disposable email addresses will be discarded.
- Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4:00 p.m. PT the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email.
- Tickets not claimed by 4:00 p.m. PT the day prior to the performance are forfeited.
- Lottery tickets may be picked up at will call beginning 2 hours prior to the performance with a valid photo ID. Lottery tickets void if resold.
In other words, no reselling your $10 Hamilton lottery ticket for thousands of dollars to some sap on StubHub. Date nights are a possibility, as you can apply for two tickets. They even have a little social media deal where you increase your odds of winning by posting about the lottery to Facebook or Twitter. But according to a release from SHN, “some seats will be located in the front row.”
Perhaps most disappointingly, you cannot use the physical $10 bill that depicts Alexander Hamilton to buy your Hamilton ticket. The whole transaction must be done via credit card.
Hamilton opens for previews this Friday, March 10, and runs through Saturday, August 5 at 8 p.m. at the Orpheum Theater.
Note: SHN SF is an occasional SFist advertiser, but this was not a sponsored post or directed in any way by the advertiser.