So it's President's Day, and you have the day off of work. Well, lucky you, as San Francisco is set to experience near-record highs today. Just how hothothot is it expected to get? The National Weather Service predicts a high of 77 degrees. What's more, that wonderful taste of swimsuit weather is expected to stick around through tomorrow with a predicted high for Tuesday also at 77 degrees.
So, now that you know today is going to be one of those wonderful days that you repeatedly Instagram to piss off all your East Coast friends (the high today in NYC is 35 degrees, by the way), here's a suggested list of things to do:
- Eat Ice Cream: San Francisco doesn't have a lot of days that demand ice cream, but today is definitely one of them. If you don't already have a favorite spot in mind, try one of the ten best shops in the Bay.
- Go To The Park: This one is kind of a "no duh," but you should definitely go to the park. Dolores Park just fully reopened, and is sure to be super crowded with lots of good people-watching opportunities. If you're looking for something a little more chill, check out Alamo Square Park before it closes for 9 months starting in April for renovations.
- Go To The Beach: Seriously. Just go to the beach.
- Drink Outside: Today is the perfect opportunity to explore San Francisco's 13 best outdoor/patio bars. Maybe a crawl of some sort?
- Go Swimming: For the people that really want to go swimming, but the Pacific is just a wee bit too cold, go to the pool. Specifically, try one of these awesome six swimming pools.
So, get off the internet already, and go enjoy the day. Unless you're working today, that is. In that case, just hang out here on SFist with us. It will be more fun than whatever garbage your boss is asking you to do today. Really, we promise.