On November 15th, 5-year-old Leukemia patient Miles will don his super hero outfit and take to the streets of San Francisco to fight crime as Batman (Or "Batkid," as it were). Although we can't all be superheroes, the Bay Area Make-A-Wish Foundation has shared some details on how we can all support Miles as his dream comes to life.
Below is the tentative schedule for Miles' big day out on November 15th (note all times are approximate). Per the Make-A-Wish foundation, spectators are encouraged at every stop along the way, so even if you can't follow Miles across town as he chases down evil villains, you can still show up to cheer him on:
- 10:30 a.m.: Miles will rescue a damsel in distress tied up across the Hyde Street cable car line on the 1900 block of Hyde between Green and Union Streets in North Beach.
- 11 a.m.: Miles will catch up with his nemesis as he attempts to rob a downtown bank vault at 550 Montgomery Street.
- 12:45 p.m.: While Miles is eating lunch at Burger Bar in the Union Square Macy's, a villain will kidnap Lou Seal on the plaza below and escape in a convertible.
- 1 p.m.: Miles, as Batkid, arrives at AT&T Park on the plaza at Third and King Streets, where he'll apprehend the villain and free Lou Seal.
- 2 p.m.: In a massive celebration outside San Francisco City Hall, Mayor Ed Lee will give Miles a key to the city and congratulate him on a job well done.
Good luck, Miles!
Previously: Make-A-Wish Foundation Will Transform S.F. Into Gotham City For Adorable Batman-Themed Wish