This gem of a story reminds us why we should make an effort to watch the local TV news more often. Some poor 21-year-old kid in Vallejo took his friends up on a $100 dare, in which he lubed himself with laundry detergent and climbed into a baby swing at Blue Rock Springs Park on Friday night. Then he got stuck.

The kid's so-called friends then proceeded to leave him in the swing overnight, where he haplessly swang until 6 a.m. the next morning when a groundskeeper heard his screams.

Vallejo firefighters came to the scene and cut the swing chains off. The man was then transported to Kaiser Permanente Vallejo Medical Center, where firefighters used a cast cutter to cut the swing off his body. His injuries were non-life threatening, but we imagine his ego is severely bruised.

His "friends" seriously better give him that $100.

[Times Herald, KPIX broadcast]